What Are Lagoon Pools? Their Unique Shapes, Ideas, and Costs
Imagine stepping into your backyard and being greeted by the serene beauty of a natural lagoon. This dream can become a reality with the creation of a lagoon pool. At PoolForce, we understand that the heart of a perfect backyard is a stunning swimming pool that not only serves as a recreational spot but also as a serene sanctuary.
In our journey to bring this vision to life, we have seen the rise in popularity of lagoon pools. These pools, known for their naturalistic appeal and freeform design, transform ordinary backyards into exotic retreats. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll delve into what makes lagoon pools a sought-after choice, their varied shapes, creative ideas for design, and a realistic overview of the costs involved.
What are Lagoon Pools?
A lagoon pool is more than just a swimming area; it’s an art piece that embodies the tranquility and beauty of natural water bodies. Characterized by their freeform, curvaceous shapes, these pools often feature a colorful palette ranging from deep blues and greens to the calming hues of teal and sandstone. The essence of lagoon pools lie in their ability to merge seamlessly with the surrounding landscape, often enhanced with lush vegetation and naturalistic features.
Versatility in Design
At PoolForce, we pride ourselves on our versatility in creating pools with various materials. Whether you prefer the durability of fiberglass, the classic appeal of concrete, or the adaptability of vinyl liners, we can craft a lagoon pool that suits your taste and budget. Each material offers unique benefits, and our design team is skilled at utilizing these to create your dream pool.
- Quick installation
- Smooth finish
- Lower maintenance
- Customizable shapes and depths
- Ideal for larger designs
Vinyl Liner Pools
- Variety of liner designs
- Comfortable underfoot
How Much Do Lagoon Pools Cost?
Understanding the investment required for a lagoon pool is crucial in planning your backyard transformation. While the base price of these pools is comparable to traditional pools, the additional features and customizations play a significant role in the final cost.
Estimating Your Budget
The cost of a lagoon pool can vary based on several factors:
- Size and Depth: Larger and deeper pools will naturally cost more due to the increased materials and labor required.
- Materials Used: The choice of fiberglass, concrete, or vinyl liner affects the price.
- Custom Features: Elements like waterfalls, LED lighting, and unique tiling add to the overall cost.
The cost of the pool itself typically ranges between $35,000 to $100,000, varying by size and material.
Additional Features and Their Impact
Adding features such as lighting, waterfalls, or a spa can elevate the aesthetics and functionality of your lagoon pool but also affect the budget. Here are some popular additions:
- LED Pool Lights: Enhance the ambiance for night swimming.
- Waterfalls and Bubblers: Create a serene, naturalistic sound and feel.
- Spas and Hot Tubs: Offer relaxation and therapeutic benefits.
- Landscaping: Integrates the pool into the natural environment.
- Fire Features: Consider adding fire bowls or pits to create a warm, inviting atmosphere.
- Swim-up Bars and Tanning Ledges: These features add a luxurious touch to lagoon pools.
Example Accessory Costs
- LED Pool Lights: $650 – $900
- Bubbler: $450 – $700
- Waterfall: $900 – $2,000
- Fire Bowl: $5,000 – $8,000
- Spa Addition: $17,000 – $20,000
- Landscaping: $2,000 – $10,000
Bringing Nature to Your Backyard
Our design philosophy revolves around creating a harmonious blend of nature and luxury. We recommend integrating natural elements like rock features, lush plantings, and sandstone decking to enhance the lagoon feel.
Custom Features for a Unique Touch
- Beach Entries and Tanning Ledges: Offer a gradual entry point and a place to lounge in the water.
- Swim-up Bars and Grottos: Add a touch of resort-style luxury.
- Eco-Friendly Options: Incorporate natural filtration systems for a more sustainable choice.
Weighing the Pros and Cons
- Aesthetic Appeal: Lagoon pools are visually stunning and can significantly increase the value of your property.
- Personalization: With various design options, your pool can be a unique reflection of your style.
- Harmony with Nature: These pools blend seamlessly with your garden or backyard landscape.
- Space Requirements: The irregular shape of lagoon pools may require more yard space.
- Maintenance: Naturalistic features like plants and rocks can necessitate more upkeep.
- Budget Flexibility: The cost can vary significantly based on size, materials, and additional features.
In conclusion, a lagoon pool is not just a swimming pool; it’s a lifestyle choice that elevates your home into a personal retreat. By understanding the nuances of design, material choices, and cost implications, you can make an informed decision about creating your backyard paradise. Reach out to us, and let’s embark on this journey to bring your dream lagoon pool to life.
YOU'RE NOT IN THIS ALONE
We are with you every splash of the way
Need a pool fix or looking for an upgrade? We’re just one click away to help with all your pool needs.